Ok this like NEVER happens to me.


I know that some people can shop and save $90 plus on their grocery bill and pay only $30.00 for a bunch of items (to see an amazing coupon saver check out Runblondi26). I am nowhere near that good of a shopper. I just don’t know how to do that my hat comes off to her and I hope that maybe just once in my life I will manage to save like that. Once in a while I get lucky and I manage to save close to 50% of my grocery bill. Today I ran out to buy bread and some stuff for lunch for tomorrow and I had few coupons – and I scored. I did learn that the best savings you can get are when the item is on sale and then you have a manufacturer’s coupon. I get my coupons on line because I never think to buy a Sunday paper. Our stores will not allow you to double or triple coupons except on very few special days so the doubling of coupons just is not working for me. Today Kroger had crazy savings buy 10 save $5.00 so they had caned veggies for $0.32 per can and pizza for $2.49 and a ton of other items. I had additional coupons for some of the items and ended up saving $19.50 on a $45.23 bill. The cool thing is that I bought fresh veggies and some fruits dairy products and just everyday stuff that you need. I know it is not fabulous savings but I am darn proud of myself and I wanted to share with you.

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget, you can combine store coupons and manufacturer's coupons as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bad about coupons. I usually shop at ALDI, and I doubt they even accept coupons. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! especially without being able to double coupons. A penny saved is a penny earned :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Runblonie26 - Thank you I like your thinking.
    Candice - Thanks for that reminder :0)
    Joanna - I am no where near as good at coupons as I should be but thanks.

    ReplyDelete