It’s easier when it’s by choice

As a pilot’s wife we are used to being alone a lot. We plan for the times that husband is scheduled to fly and fill that time in with activities, chores and whatever to not feel the gaping hole he leave behind. All the while the pilot is at work busy doing what he needs to do and what he loves to do, but still missing the comforts of home. It is a balance that you reach after years of being married to a man who is on the road and away from home for more than six months a year. Continued in Relationships

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I can totally relate to this post. Married to a pilot is both exciting yet lonely. We don't live in my dh base therefore I do not know other wives married to pilot husbands. Do you have a good pilot wives support group where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth
    Welcome to my blog. I do not hae many pilot wives arround but deffinitly have a great support group of girlfriends who are pilot wives all over the country and we all call eachother to lean on you know what I mean :0)What part of the country are you from?

    ReplyDelete