Getting a Little Wet During Pilot Training



Would you ever think that your pilot will be submerged in water while strapped into a fake cockpit and asked to get out as fast as he can while trying to help those who are weaker swimmers? It was news to me, when my husband came home from new hire training and shared with me all of the training details that he had to go through. I think that it is absolutely wonderful that the company my husband works for pays for the initial and then recurrent training in how to safely egress from a submerged helicopter that went down in the ocean. Not only does it take away the unknown of what to do now, but it also introduces the body to the shocks that it will go into while being dumped into frigid cold water with full gear on. Not a pleasant thought but really necessary in my mind so that it is one more “what if” that he is well prepared for. Enjoy the video taken by one of the other pilots during this riveting exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment